Monday, January 17, 2022

The American Thinker ran a balanced piece about my case

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/01/medical_board_suspends_license_of_doc_asks_for_psych_evaluation_for_prescribing_ivermectin_and_hcq_for_covid_and_for_public_dissent_from_orthodoxy.html

January 17, 2022
Medical board suspends license of doc, asks for psych evaluation for prescribing ivermectin and HCQ for COVID and for public dissent from orthodoxy

Shades of the darkest days of the Stalinist Soviet Union, where dissent from the lethal incorrect pseudo-scientific doctrines of Lysenkoism could result in imprisonment in a psychiatric hospital!  Julia Marnin reports in the Miami Herald:

A doctor with decades of experience can't practice medicine after her license was temporarily suspended over complaints that she shared coronavirus misinformation, according to a Maine licensing board. The board has ordered her to undergo a neuropsychological evaluation, it said. Dr. Meryl J. Nass, who got a license to practice medicine in Maine in 1997, had her license "immediately" suspended for 30 days after a board investigation and review of complaints against her on Jan. 12, according to a suspension order from the Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine.

Nass, who's an internist in Ellsworth, must "submit" to an evaluation by a "Board-selected psychologist" on Feb. 1, the board's evaluation order issued Jan. 11 said.

Dr. Nass's purported "misconduct" includes both prescribing hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin and talking and writing about them in public.  Via Bizpacreview:

A 25-year Maine doctor has had her license temporarily suspended and been ordered to submit to a psychological evaluation for the alleged offenses of treating her patients with Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, in addition to sharing so-called "misinformation" about the coronavirus and its associated vaccines.

The State of Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine issued the 30-day suspension (minimum) last Tuesday on the grounds that Dr. Meryl J. Nass' medical services would constitute "an immediate jeopardy to the health and physical safety of the public."

The order goes into detail about how she prescribed Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine to several patients and once falsely labeled a patient a victim of Lyme disease so that the patient could procure these meds from a pharmacist.

"The patient [Patient 2] and I wanted him treated with hydroxychloroquine. I reviewed his dozen or so medications and discussed all potential drug interactions and how to ameliorate them, and we decided to proceed," Naas admitted last month in a written statement to the board.


Dr. Nass (Twitter icon).

Dr. Nass made a terrible choice, however, that may leave her vulnerable:

But the problem was finding a pharmacist willing to dispense the drug. I was eventually forced, when the pharmacist called a few minutes ago and asked me for the diagnosis, to provide misinformation: that I was prescribing the drug for Lyme disease, as this was the only way to get a potentially life-saving drug for my patient.

While saving lives is an understandable motivation, lying about the basis of a prescription — even of a drug with an excellent safety record — is a violation of norms and possibly laws.  But that detail does not seem to be the motivation behind the medical board's actions.

In an order separate from the suspension order, the board also demanded that she "submit to a neuropsychological evaluation by a Board-selected psychologist on February 1, 2022." It's presumed she must pass the evaluation to recover her license.

"The information received by the Board demonstrates that Dr. Nass is or may be unable to practice medicine with reasonable skill and safety to her patients by reason of mental illness, alcohol intemperance, excessive use of drugs, narcotics, or as a result of a mental or physical condition interfering with the competent practice of medicine," the second order reads.

The "information" includes a complaint filed by someone on Oct. 26th that Nass "was engaging in the public dissemination of 'misinformation regarding the SARS CoV2 pandemic and the official public health response' ... via a video interview and on her website."

In the video, she reportedly criticized the federal government's mask/vaccine mandates, called out the government's refusal to acknowledge natural immunity, drew attention to the licensing dilemma surrounding the Pfizer vaccine, etc.

It is the public confrontation by Dr. Nass that seems to be the motive behind forcing a psychological evaluation.

The "information" also includes another complaint filed on Nov. 7th about the alleged "misinformation" she was sharing on Twitter.

This "misinformation" included "a link to an interview with Dr. [Joseph] Mercola," an osteopathic physician who's been labeled a "conspiracy theorist" by the establishment over his unorthodox views on treating COVID.

It also included her "stating that a patient informed consent form for hydroxychloroquine used at a hospital was a form 'designed to scare patients from using a safe drug that works well for COVID by making false claims," and that "humans beings, we're guinea pigs for these [the COVID] vaccines."

Should tweets like these send a physician for mental examination?

This smacks of suppression of dissent over a scientific and medical issue that is far from settled.

Dr. Nass has not yet indicated if she will submit to psychiatric evaluation.  Stay tuned.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...


My Entire Family is Praying for You, and that Real Justice is not completely dead in the USA.

God Bless, Legions Appreciate your hard work, keeping us all Informed.

Anonymous said...

Dr.Nass - If you go for a psych evaluation in person, please gather a group of allies to go with you and wait for you. You're more in reality than any puppets of the "medical" establishment, but the game is rigged. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

❤️ Meryl Nass M.D 🇺🇸

Anonymous said...

There is a sexist undertone to the demand for a psych eval of Dr. Nass. Have any of the medical boards of other states asked for psych evals on male doctors who disagree with the Covid narrative?

Anonymous said...


Prescribing FDA approved drugs off label is entirely, 100% allowed. Has been done for decades, and is actually encouraged by the FDA in all other contexts.

If a drug is safe, doctors are free to prescribe it if they have some reason to think it will help a different ailment. Both of the drugs she prescribed are safe and routinely taken by people, many on a long-term basis.

The medical establishment has lost all credibility. They are more interested in ideology than treating patients. Absolutely shameful.

Anonymous said...

After listening to Dr Nass, a beautiful courageous very skilled lady.
Her skills and knowledge , totally out weigh the so called corrupt board , that want to evaluate her. These public servants need to be looked at. Eventually they will be , when the sheep finally wake up to the evil that's being committed in the USA and around the world.
These honest Dr's need to break away from this corrupt medical structure, that will fix the problem of corruption. Then the Medical structure's can be cleaned up in the courts, for Genocide and Crimes against humanity. I believe this action, is just around the corner in time. Well done Dr Nass.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meryl Nass, M.D. said...

I have worked on issues of anthrax vaccine adverse events since early 1998: 24 years. I have spoken to thousands of soldiers and veterans dduring that time, written articles and testimonies, given speeches, practically all was done without payment. (I did get some expert witness payments.)

My license was suspended on January 12, and suddenly people are coming out of the woodwork and asking me for advice on anthrax vaccine injuries.

I am sorry. You had 24 years to ask me. Right now I cannot legally give medical advice. Why are you trying to pressure me? I have explained that if I get my license back I will be happy to discuss this. THEN.

Meryl Nass, M.D. said...

For those who want to know about anthrax vaccine injuries, I have hosted this website for 15 years filled with information. It is searchable. The early posts are almost entirely about anthrax vaccine. I have paid all the costs so you had a source to go to. So I would appreciate it if you stop trying to guilt-trip me into doing something illegal. I may know who you are.

Meryl

Unknown said...

No guilt trip, no pressure. Sorry you took it that way. Sorry I took a break from digging for answers to try to live my life as normal as possible under my conditions....so I had no knowledge of your current situation until now. I will continue searching. Not asking you to do anything illegal. Unlike you, I haven't spoke with thousands of soldiers because when you return home and then after time the autoimmune conditions start appearing, your home all alone digging for answers. My apologies, rather I die knowing or not, it is what is. Thanks for all you have done, I know we can't help everyone. I wish the soldiers who have found answers would come out and tells us a little more. I will read some of your past notes. Thanks for all your work.

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't read about your current situation. It probably was like a decade ago the last time I might have reached out. I'm sure you have been very busy. I would search the web for answer every year for many years but gave it a rest and stopped going to the VA many years ago because it was a joke and my labs always came back normal....but now it's been a few years since I have had any bloodwork done and I haven't been living as healthy as I have most of my life due to the unknown. I apologize. Not that I care if anyone knows who I am, I believe that vaccine already punished me. Thanks again for your work. Take care.