Sunday, January 9, 2022

Franz Kafka at the Medical Board: I asked the Medical Board staff lots of questions regarding their authority to pursue me for unspecified charges, which they ignored

I was never told what the charge (or charges) were that I was expected to defend myself against.

I was never told under what authority misinformation and disinformation are now crimes, although the legislature has not deemed them crimes.  Here are two email responses and queries I sent to the Board investigator and the assistant attorney general for Maine HHS, but neither one answered my questions.

October 14, 2021 
Dear Savannah,

1.  You did not answer my question regarding the statutory basis for investigating something that happens in my personal life, outside the office.  I await your sharing with me the law or regulation that authorizes the Board to investigate my private life.

2.  The AMA is not a state or federal agency and nothing they issue has the force of law.

3.  Since not one thing I said was mentioned in the complaint, how could I possibly respond to defend myself, when there is no charge?  What precisely am I being charged with that I must defend against?

4.  The above 3 important issues have not been addressed.  When the Board, not the Board secretary, who has no authority to interpret Board law and decisions, and has failed to answer my questions, has answered them, I would be happy to respond.

Meryl Nass, MD


October 14, 2021

Dear Mr. Miller:

You say you are legal counsel.  I am not sure what AAG stands for.  Are you an attorney?  If not, what are you?

Assuming you are an attorney, if I wrote to your board and said I heard you say things that were unprofessional for a lawyer and demanded you defend yourself, I have no doubt you would ask for what specifically it was you said or did that you needed to defend.

Both your email and those of Ms. Okoronko indicate that I am being asked to defend myself for potentially anything I have ever said and done, on or off social media.  No attorney would fall for that, and I have not either.

The board website says the board decides if a complaint is within its jurisdiction.  I assume the board also decides if a so-called complaint is an actual complaint. Neither you nor Ms. O have chosen to answer my queries as to what the charge is and whether the board found it was within its jurisdiction, as required and noted on the Board’s website.

I’m flabbergasted that there is neither a specific charge nor evidence the board decided to proceed. 

And, just to make it clear, I am an expert who has published many papers, testified to 6 different Congressional committees, consulted for the World Bank, Director of National Intelligence, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) etc.  I have been interviewed by all major TV networks and US newspapers.  I don’t make public statements without evidence. I have never had a malpractice case or adverse board event in 41 years practicing medicine.

I look forward to hearing from Ms. Okoronkwo or Mr. Miller or the Board with answers to my questions.  I welcome a chance to defend myself, if in fact, there is anything to defend. 

Meryl Nass, MD 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...


Myself and my Wife are Praying for you, deeply appreciate all you do.

I feel as though the clock has been turned back to Nazi Germany 1938, in the USA. I know my Father and Uncles who fought in WWII, would not recognize USA of today. Maybe Red China has already Won but we do not know it yet?

John said...

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Anonymous said...

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Anonymous said...

March 1972 The Equal Rights Amendment is passed by Congress.
However, conservative opponents of the amendment that would guarantee equal rights for women mobilize enough support to prevent it from making it through the state legislatures.

Failure of the Equal Rights Amendment may readily link to the deplorable Covid situations we find ourselves in today.
Particularly 1986 anti constitutional signing off of liability grievances for vaccines injuries in the 1st amendments rights to redress grievances.