Wednesday, September 28, 2022

LOL: Rochelle Walensky promised "facts, science and integrity." What a difference 20 months makes

No commentary needed.

As the New C.D.C. Chief, I’ll Tell You the Truth

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/opinion/rochelle-walensky-cdc-director.html

... On Jan. 20, I will begin leading the C.D.C., which was founded in 1946 to meet precisely the kinds of challenges posed by this pandemic. I agreed to serve as C.D.C. director because I believe in the agency’s mission and commitment to knowledge, statistics and guidance. I will do so by leading with facts, science and integrityand being accountable for them, as the C.D.C. has done since its founding 75 years ago.

I acknowledge that our team of scientists will have to work very hard to restore public trust in the C.D.C., at home and abroad, because it has been undermined over the last year. In that time, numerous reports stated that White House officials interfered with official guidance issued by the C.D.C...

As C.D.C. director, I will be responsible for making sure that the public trusts the agency’s guidance and that its staff feels supported. On my first day, I will ask Anne Schuchat, the principal deputy director, with 32 years of experience at the C.D.C., to begin a comprehensive review to ensure that all existing guidance related to Covid-19 is evidence-based and free of politics... Restoring the public’s trust in the C.D.C. is crucial...


No comments: